Biotechnology Committee of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology of the Jagiellonian University, Polish Federation of Biotechnology and Targi w Krakowie have a pleasure to invite you to participate in the 6th Central European Congress of Life Sciences EUROBIOTECH 2017 which will be held in Krakow (Poland) on September 11-14th, 2017.
Our topics of interest are: biopharmaceuticals, diagnosis, stem cells, biomaterials, food and feed, art in science, dual use of biotechnology and many more.
We will cover the future and presence of biotechnology seen through the perspective of CRISPR technology - Prof. Emmanuelle Charpentier will present the most recent achievements and through the structure of ribosomes [the best known bio-macro-molecule] - Prof. Ada Yonath - Nobel Prize Laureate, 2009, will present the opening lecture. Prof. Robert Huber - Nobel Prize Laureate - 1988, for the determination of the three-dimensional structure of a photosynthetic reaction centre - is also among confirmed Eurobiotech speakers.
The Scientific Programme will include plenary lectures by speakers who are leading biotechnological developments, 24 symposia that span all colours of biotechnology with invited speakers who are world leaders in their fields, among others:
• Prof. Krzysztof Bankiewicz, University of California, San Francisco;
• Prof. Mauro Giacca, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Triest;
• Prof. Jonathan Heddle, Jagiellonian University, Kraków;
• Prof. Jonathan Kimmelman, McGill Univeristy Montréal, Québec;
• Prof. Abhay Pandit, National University of Galway;
• Prof. Nikolaus Rajewsky, Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin;
• Prof. Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz, University of Cambridgge.
To participate in these and many more exciting sessions - join us in Kraków for the 6th Eurobiotech Congress.
On behalf of the Congress Scientific Committee
Prof. Tomasz Twardowski